Friday, February 13, 2015

How to Use Hair Conditioner in Different Ways

By Mona Sabalones Gonzalez

I hate to throw things away. That's why these two bottles of hair conditioner stayed in my bathroom for a few years. They were freebies when I bought my hair dye.

But in the process of organizing my house I had to decide what to use, throw, upcycle, et. al. So I googled hair conditioner to see what other ways it can be used.

One way recommended was as shampoo. Hair conditioner isn't as bubbly so I had to double the dose and make sure the whole hair was covered. Afterwards I loved how easy it was to comb my hair, and I loved the way my hair fell quite naturally and followed its natural tendency to curve outwards at the ends.


Here I am wearing hair conditioner only, no shampoo. Seems quite right, don't you think? And my husband says it smells just as well. However, I don't plan to do this every day. There will be days when you will need something stronger and I will likely shampoo twice or thrice a week. But using just conditioner (from the hair dye) has kept my white roots at bay longer than usual.

Other alternatives for hair conditioner: You can use it to spray your curtains to add a sweet scent to your room. So, stop throwing away those free packets of hair conditioner. They are very useful. For more uses, try going here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/becagrimm/20-insanely-helpful-new-ways-to-use-your-hair-cond-en98#.mcG4yK5eE

No comments:

Post a Comment