Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What Happens When the Roosters Crow?

By Mona Sabalones Gonzalez

There is absolutely no scary movie about roosters. There is no scary movie called "When the Rooster Crows". The only scary movie I googled about roosters is Rooster Teeth. But I have a nagging suspicion that roosters have no teeth.

When my sister Sami was a baby, there was a rooster near our house that suddenly crowed. She cried so loud, Dad spent almost an hour trying to calm her down. He smiled at her tenderly and asked her, "Do you want me to kill the rooster?"

Roosters scare babies, that's it.

I was delighted seeing this man with his rooster at the terminal for tricycles. He allowed me to touch it, and proudly placed it on the ground to show me how well trained the rooster is. It never strayed from its owner.

It was just a sweet moment of the day, but I will never forget how much he loved his rooster, And I loved that rooster too. If I didn't have dogs I'd have a pet chicken.


We should all be thankful for special moments like this, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment