Thursday, February 19, 2015

Music and Mito's Place


By Mona Sabalones Gonzalez

Last night our (Ed's and my) friend Cindy invited us to Mito's Place, which is in 138 Aguirre St., BF Paranaque. She suggested that we go there at 9 pm so that we could here this fantastic singer, Michael Puyat.

When we arrived, Cindy was already with a group of people, including (Only first names) Elena, Michelle, and about four other guys. (Sorry, I forgot their names, too but they were very nice). It turned out, Michelle is the wife of the singer, Michael.

My husband wouldn't let me take any photos so I have had to borrow this logo from Mito's website. But come to think of it, videos are so much more fun. So, before I tell you that their four cheese pizza is to die for and is large in size and has a tasty thin crust at a reasonable price considering its size, (oh, and did I mention that I loved how the cheese flowed over the sides? Makes you feel rich), let me give you a sample of Michael Puyat's smooth singing style.


Nifty, yes? Can you imagine hearing that for over an hour on a cool night with interesting people? And on top of that, Michael doesn't mind sharing the spotlight. There were others who he asked to sing whose names escape me, but they were also good. But Michael is exceptional. He has a range that is amazing and he controls his voice very well, really bringing out new meanings to lovely old songs (although he did also sing Jason Mraz).

Now, I didn't know that Richard Merk was sitting in another table until Cindy told me. I never dreamed, however, that he'd actually sing. Let me tell you, I have yet to hear anyone sing a Stevie Wonder song and give justice to it, much less one of my favorite Stevie Wonder songs.

And then, someone was singing Knocks Me Off My Feet, and giving it a jazzy touch, and a quirky fantastic ending, which made this song totally unforgettable. And for the first time in my life I was madly infatuated with Richard Merk. Because I have watched American Idol for years, and sometimes The Voice and I always wonder what gives people the audacity to sing a Stevie Wonder song. Until now.

Sadly, I couldn't find a YouTube video of Merk singing that song, but here's a great one of him singing with his mom, Annie Brazil.


So you can just imagine what a great night it was. Thanks Cindy, for inviting us and for bearing with my infatuation overdose blues over we knows whose. Loveya, gal pal.




No comments:

Post a Comment